- This event has passed.
Virtual Seafood HACCP Segment 2 – Course # 10284
January 27, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm PST
Meeting details & documents will be provided in an email after purchase. Please forward to the attendee, if necessary.
Digital Curriculum & HACCP Plan Documents
Seafood HACCP Alliance Certificate issued after completion of the course.
Virtual Class Requirements:
- 8 hours of active participation with a 1-hour lunch break
- Computer & Internet Connection
- Computer microphone or phone for audio participation during the virtual class
- Webcam required for video participation during the virtual class
- Student Information sheet filled out before class
- Segment 1 Completion through Cornell University (less than 2 years old)
Virtual Seafood HACCP Segment 2 Course Agenda:
Introduction to virtual learning program and ID verification.
Review of FDA Seafood HACCP Regulation (21CFR Part 123) Fish and Fishery Products, and the 7 Principles of HACCP
Identify species- and process-related food safety hazards and their associated control strategies using the FDA’s Fish and Fishery Products Hazards and Controls Guidance (FDA Hazards Guide).
- Explain how to use Chapter 3, using Tables 3-2, 3-3, and 3-4.
- Discuss the use of the “Understand the Potential Hazard” section of each
- Participants should identify the food safety hazards for the provided commodities (e.g., the model provided by SHA or based on the participant’s needs).
Review Progressive Steps for Developing a HACCP Program
- How to Conduct a Hazard Analysis (i.e. product specification, flow diagram, and hazard analysis) using FDA’s Hazards Guide (Chapter 2, Appendix 3 and a process model provided by SHA or based on participant’s needs).
- Developing a hazard analysis and identifying controls using the same model as bullet one and utilizing the individual chapters in the FDA’s Hazards Guide to understand and develop a hazard analysis and identify CCPs. Developing a HACCP Plan using individual chapters of the FDA’s Hazards Guide and the same process model as per this section.
Group Work Sessions using a new model(s) provided by the Alliance or model(s) that are applicable to the participant’s needs
- Participants shall be divided appropriately into workgroups of 5 or less
- Each group shall develop a hazard analysis and HACCP plan as deemed appropriate by the Trainer
Group Presentations Dependent on the number of groups presenting – Team Presentations and Class Discussion of Group Work Session Results
Paperwork and Final Q & A
- January 27, 2021
- 7:30 am - 4:00 pm PST
- Event Category:
- Virtual Segment 2
- David L. A. Rosson
- Raquel Deniz